Danny Sullivan told the audience for his keynote that bribery is fine. It is all part of marketing, moving to the top of the food chain. It is part of the accepted model. Everyone does it, usually behind closed doors, but Mr. Sullivan says we can all clear our consciences. The alternative is too terrifying. In his example, the horror would overtake you if you found yourself as RC Cola in the race to be at the top of Soda Mountain. Mr. Sullivan proclaimed boldy: “I’d rather be Coke.” More about this later today. I am off to a Coke-less lunch.
- Esther Dyson: I own my own content
- Upscale People’s Brains Can Be Stormy
- The door to freedom is on the left
- More Lies about Education
- The Nate Silver Generation?
- A Poverty of Possibilities among the Rich
- Prestigious Institutions where Education is second to Revenue
- Oprah wins in Texas
- STEM Researchers Love “My Cousin Vinny”
- The Funniest Line of the Day