The arrest of Henry Louis Gates Jr. makes the front page of The New York Times. Meanwhile, in Paris, Texas, a protest over a black man’s dragging death barely receives coverage here in Texas, even though white supremacists bearing flags with swastikas also attended the protest. On the local television news, the white supremacists were identified as “counter-protesters,” revealing problems at numerous levels.
- Upscale People’s Brains Can Be Stormy
- The door to freedom is on the left
- More Lies about Education
- The Nate Silver Generation?
- A Poverty of Possibilities among the Rich
- Prestigious Institutions where Education is second to Revenue
- Oprah wins in Texas
- STEM Researchers Love “My Cousin Vinny”
- The Funniest Line of the Day
- Thought-coins in the Fountain of Non-Edification