Some gregarious and amiable colleagues from a university in São Paulo joined us for lunch at a conference over the summer, and one person from that group has remained in touch via e-mail. He is now trying to educate me about his culture. One of the more famous comedians working in Brazil at the moment has been featured in The New York Times. The Times article includes a subtitled snippet of a Bastos performance. Unfortunately, finding subtitled videos of the comedian’s work calls for some extensive searching. If you know where more can be located, please write.
- Another Comedy-free Zone
- Christmas Communists
- Undergoing Podcast Privation?
- (Worrisome) Quotation of the Day
- It is the Best of Times; It is the Worst of Times
- Quotation of the Day
- Greek Tragedy Never Grows Old
- Translation of Gadamer’s Dialogue about Tennis
- Hans Blumenberg Weighs in on the Gun Debate