Quote of the Day: “The liturgical act of placing an offering of money into the offertory plate is understood to be a form of worship.” This from the Rev. Laurel Johnston of the Episcopal Church, who reminds readers of The New York Times of those passages in the Hebrew Bible and New Testament in which God and/or Jesus urge other humans to offer worship by throwing money at God and/or Jesus.
- The Hans Blumenberg Society Is Open for Membership
- “What People Gladly Accept Cannot Be the Truth”
- Esther Dyson: I own my own content
- Upscale People’s Brains Can Be Stormy
- The door to freedom is on the left
- More Lies about Education
- The Nate Silver Generation?
- A Poverty of Possibilities among the Rich
- Prestigious Institutions where Education is second to Revenue
- Oprah wins in Texas