In the same way that fixing the oceans is not possible via individual consumer choices, e.g., choosing the “sustainable” fish at the supermarket, the problems of privacy are as large as capitalism, meaning a solution would require forces far beyond an individual’s choices. Joanna Stern gives some of the details surrounding the difficulties a person will encounter while trying to achieve technological privacy. Again, it’s about money and how your data can be converted into profit.
- If You Thought Things Were Bad in 2008
- A Capitalist Sucker is Born Every Minute
- One Tiny Act of Resistance – South Park
- Make This Quotation True Again
- Jessye Norman (1945-2019)
- Welcome to October
- Can You Hear This Sound that Young People Can’t?
- Your Election Horoscope
- Quotation of the Day
- Urban Renewal