The Democrat, who represents Houston and parts of north Harris County, said “enough is enough” after Lawrence Russell Brewer ordered two chicken fried steaks smothered in gravy with sliced onions, a triple-meat bacon cheeseburger, a cheese omelet with other ingredients, a large bowl of fried okra with ketchup, three fajitas, a pint of Blue Bell ice cream and a pound of barbecue with a half-loaf of white bread. The meal request also included a slab of peanut butter fudge with crushed peanuts, a pizza and three root beers.
- Why People Don’t Run Toward Wokeness
- The Audacity of Opacity, Or the Night is Long and Full of Errors
- The Gift of Samantha Irby
- We’ll Be Mooned on Sunday
- Quotation of the Day
- Dedicated Readers Take Up “The Man in the High Castle” on Their Podcast
- “The Feral Detective” is Fine
- Don’t Tread on Me, But Feel Free to Track Me
- Thoughts about AI?
- Getting the Greatest Good out of the Greatest Evil